- Getting Started
- Photo Safaris
- South Texas Bird Photo Safari
- Texas Hill Country Bird Photo Safari & Workshop
- Alaska Grizzly Bear & Puffin Safaris
- Tanzania 'Great Migration' Deluxe Wildlife Photo Safari September 2014
- Myanmar (Burma) Photo Tour December 2014 -- with Angkor Wat option
- Custom Photo Tours, Safaris and Personal Instruction
- Participant Guestbook & Testimonials
- My Camera Bag--What I Shoot With and Why
- Datacolor Experts Blog
- Think Tank Photo Bags
- Infrared Conversions
- Rent Lenses & Cameras
- Travel Insurance
- David Tobie's Gallery
- Journeys Unforgettable Africa
- Moose Peterson's Site
- DigitalPro for Windows Image Management Software
- Image Recovery Software
- Cardinal Photo Products on Zazzle
- Amazon Affiliate
- Image Galleries
- Contact Us
B&H Photo Competition: Win a safari, learn how at our event on October 31st
B&H, along with Wilderness Safaris, has launched a very cool photo competition, with close to $50K worth of Safaris & gift cards as prizes. It is free to enter, and offers 8 categories, so that every style of animal photographer has a chance to win! You can learn all about the contest online, or I’ll be presenting a session on Creating Award-winning photography & Introducing the B&H Photo Contest next week, at 1pm on the 31st at the B&H Event Space. I’m sure it will be popular, so register early!
Contest Details (from the web site):
Our world is a wondrous place and by capturing it with great photographs we advance the concept of conservation.
This contest is a celebration of that spirit.
B&H Photo, Video and Pro-Audio, Wilderness Safaris andSouth African Airways are pleased to present to you the B&H Wilderness Photo Competition, the most exciting outdoor photography contest there is. B&H, known as the professional's source, has been serving the imaging community worldwide for nearly 40 years. Wilderness Safaris is a conservation organization and ecotourism company dedicated to responsible tourism throughout the areas in which it operates in Africa. South African Airways is Africa's most awarded airline. Together, they have created two incredible prize packages— two all-expense paid African safaris (some restrictions see rules for complete details) for the winning photographer and his or her guest.
Entering the contest is FREE and you have two ways to become a winner:
- The Judged Vote: We have assembled an all-star group of judges comprised of industry heavies to choose their favorite image in each category as runners up. The seven runners up will be winning a $500 gift card from B&Hwhile one will be chosen as the grand prize winner who will be treated to a super safari in Botswana. The prize includes roundtrip flights on South African Airways from New York or Washington Dulles to Johannesburg only, as well as roundtrip flights from Johannesburg to Maun on SAA Airlink. All the inter camp light aircraft transfers (withWilderness Air) through to the camps are included as well. Winner is responsible for all air fare-related taxes and surcharges. Travel insurance and items of a personal nature are excluded. See prize listing on Contest Home Page for further details.
- The Popular Vote:You can enter one image in any of our eight categories and at the end of the judging period, the image that has the most votes wins! You can invite your friends to vote for your image or let your image speak for itself and have it rack up votes on its own from visitors to the contest website. "Let the people speak" and may the best photographer enjoy a once-in-a-lifetime safari to Namibia. The prize includes round trip flights on South African Airways from New York JFK or Washington Dulles to Windhoek (via Johannesburg) only, as well as all the inter camp light aircraft transfers (with Wilderness Air) through to the camps are included as well. Winner is responsible for all air fare-related taxes and surcharges. Travel insurance and items of a personal nature are excluded. See prize listing on Contest Home Pagefor further details.